|Department of Psychology|
|One North College Street|
|Northfield, MN 55057|
- June, 2000. Ph.D. Cognitive Psychology.
- June, 1998. M.S. Statistics.
- September, 1990 - May, 1994. B.A. summa cum laude with departmental honors.
Cognitive Science Major with a concentration in Cognitive Psychology. Computer
Science Minor. Honors Thesis: Implicit Memory for Syntactic Structures.
- First Year Distinction. Phi Beta Kappa. Sigma Xi.
- October, 1992 - June, 1993. Studied Computer Science, Linguistics, and
- Assistant Professor. September, 2002 - present.
- Visiting Assistant Professor. July, 2001 - June, 2002.
Xerox PARC, Palo Alto, California
- Intern, Research Assistant. February, 1997 - July, 2001.
- Design and run experiments for the User Interface Research Group.
Projects involve investigating visual representations of hierarchical
information and modelling web search strategies.
- Teaching Assistant. September 1995 - June, 2001.
- Courses: Language and Thought, Introductory Statistics, Graduate
Statistical Methods, Introduction to Psychology (Head TA), Brain and
Behavior, Graduate Statistical Theory.
- Teach sections. Create and grade exams and paper assignments.
Guest lecture classes.
- Lecturer. Summer 1997. Introductory Statistics.
- Supervisor, Directed Reading. Summer 1996. Psychology and Technology.
(SAP Training Consultants), Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Consultant Intern. September, 1993 - September, 1994.
- Developed and programmed a computer based training module for SAP R/3.
Developed, programmed and wrote documentation for a Microsoft Access database
used for class scheduling. Conducted client presentations for company
developed productivity aids. Researched and organized computer hardware and
peripheral purchases. Wrote SAP systems documentation. Prepared training
materials for clients. Scheduled classes for clients.
- Executive Assistant, SAP Training. Summer, 1993.
- Programmed database modifications in Microsoft Access. Converted and
formatted documentation. Supported consultant staff.
- Computer Consultant. Academic Year, 1991-1992.
- Specialized with Macintoshes. Hardware upkeep. Assisted users with software
questions and problems.
- Platforms : Macintosh, IBM compatible, Unix.
- Software : Aldus Pagemaker, Hypercard, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Minitab, Multimedia Toolbook,
Splus, SPSSX, SuperLab, Unix (basics).
- Languages : 8088, Basic, LISP, Logo, ML, Pascal, Prolog, Visual Basic.
- Two years college Japanese.
- Three years high school French.
- One year high school Russian.